How to Stop Your Laziness

Table of Contents

You must have experienced the times when you felt lazy, unable to do something and frustrated because of many tasks you must do. If you are feeling these things, hopefully, the following tips can help you.


Find Out If You Are Really Lazy

Do this quick test, do whatever work you should do for 30 minutes without stopping. A psychologist and trainer Neil Fiore suggested this as a way to get into the workflow.

If you can finish the job halfway through and you feel like going further, you are just lazy at that time. But if you can't continue, you may experience fatigue or depression.

To overcome this problem you need to take a break and consult with people who can give you solutions and motivation.


Change Your Negative Thoughts

Change your mindset such as "I have to do this" and change it to "I choose to do this". The thought "This is very difficult" changed it to "What can I start doing now ?" And so forth.


Write Down Your 3 Main Tasks

Starting with the top 3 tasks you must complete today. This way you will finish it faster, avoid being "overwhelmed" and still have enough energy to complete the rest of the tasks.


Start With A Small Step Forward

The hardest thing is often to simply get started. So you just need to take the action. Start with taking a small step forward, for example

  • Exercise for only 5 minutes.
  • Meditate for 3 minutes.

Give Yourself Small Breaks Of Rest Or Lazy Time

To lighten up your mood, inject small breaks between your activities. You can do 30 minutes of work, and then take 5 or 10 minutes of lazy time.

By breaking down your time like this, the work will seem less tiresome. And you’ll feel energetic and motivated longer and do the work with better quality. Go easy on yourself at first.


Temporarily Remove Things That Can Procrastinate You

Ask yourself where you usually escape to, instead of doing your work. For me, it’s my smartphone. So, I put my phone in silent mode. By avoiding the phone trap, I can save about 75% of my time.


Give Yourself Reward

Promise something for yourself, for example, "If today I finish my work on time, I will go to watch my favorite movie".

Hope these short tips can help you and make your days more productive.